Thursday, June 7, 2012

We are down in Indiana! 


It feels nice to be in our own apartment and to be using all of my wonderful cooking pots again. I am able to cook away while Justin and Tuiny are finishing up their homework :). This morning we got to have breakfast with our wonderful newlywed friends Chris and Amy and in about 10 minutes I am able to meet up with my friend Anna for lunch. I have missed my Indiana friends!


Classes start at 1:00 today and I can't wait to dive into all of our Israel learning... 


The coolest thing that I have learned so far would probably be the massive amount of finds from Israel that connect to the bible! Did you know that they have found the bones of the High Priest that tried Jesus? Or a boat that would have been the exact same type that Jesus and his disciples rode in? So many cool finds like this have made the homework process fun. Justin and I both cannot wait to take off and see these finds and ancient sites in person!


-Prayers are still needed for our preparations, I want to remember everything (but not pack too much, just ask Debby I love to bring everything :)


Saturday we hed up to Chicago to see a few museums ( apparently a museum in Chicago has a brick from Egypt that was made during the time the Israelites were in captivity!) and Sunday we fly out! We will arrive in Tel-Aviv on monday and will arrive in Israel monday night.


Leah & Justin Lechner

No comments:

Post a Comment